Advice at your fingertips


The breakdown of any relationship is often a challenging and uncertain time with many issues to be resolved; having the right information helps you to make the best decision for you.


Ending a Relationship

When your relationship comes to an end, you will probably have a number of things to sort out with your partner, which may include childcare, money, housing, and other property and possessions: Click here

Getting or preventing access to my children

If you do not agree with the child’s other parent, you may need advice on the rights and responsibilities you have for your child, including resolving issues about when each parent sees a child, or where a child should live.

Family Mediation is a positive approach to resolving issues within families. It may be possible for clients who are eligible for Legal Aid to access free legal advice during the mediation process.

Family mediation is quicker and more cost effective than heading to court. It reduces conflict, and your family stays in control of arrangements over children, property and finance. For information on mediation services click here

To find your local mediator click here

I want to see my grandchildren…


The Grandparents' Association is a national charity which supports all grandparents and their families. We not only celebrate the joys of grandparenting, but our helpline and our expert advice is there to help you, whatever your problem click here for further information.

I cannot afford a solicitor…

Many solicitors offer a short free initial consultation. Here is an Online directory of solicitors in Coventry

Power of attorney

Managing affairs for someone else

Information for people who want to manage someone else's affairs. It also has information if you want someone else to manage your affairs for you.

 A lasting power of attorney (LPA) is a legal document that lets you (the ‘donor’) appoint one or more people (known as ‘attorneys’) to help you make decisions or to make decisions on your behalf.

This gives you more control over what happens to you if, for example, you have an accident or an illness and can’t make decisions at the time they need to be made (you ‘lack mental capacity’).

Click here to make, register or end a lasting power of attorney.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.